(NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS) In January the Nacogdoches City Council will appoint members to serve on the following city boards:
- Nacogdoches Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Building Standards Commission
- Airport Advisory Board
- Main Street Advisory Committee
- Health Code Advisory Committee
- Pine Grove Cemetery Board
- Nacogdoches Public Library
- Nacogdoches Historic Landmark Preservation Committee
“The boards and committees provide diverse input to the City Council and administrative staff, as well as a grass-roots view of municipal regulations and the regulatory process,” Nacogdoches Mayor Roger Van Horn said. “The application process allows us to fit the individual’s personal and professional interests with the board or commission that will benefit the most from their service. We need hard-working and enthusiastic volunteers to serve on the various boards”, stated Van Horn.
The deadline to submit a notice of interest form for service on any of these boards is December 20. For more information, or to obtain an interest form, please contact the City Secretary at 936-559-2504 or visit the city’s website at www.ci.nacogdoches.tx.us.