The City of Nacogdoches will begin accepting applications on November 14, 2022, for the following City Boards:
- Building Standards Commission
- Airport Advisory Board
- Industrial Development Authority
- Health Code Advisory Committee
- Pine Grove Cemetery Board
- Main Street Advisory Committee
- Zoning Board of Adjustment (filling one vacant position)
- Housing Authority Board (filling one vacant position)
“City Boards and Commissions are important because they enable citizens to participate in local government. Community involvement in these boards and commissions is critical to the continued progress of Nacogdoches.” said Mayor Jimmy Mize.
The deadline to submit an application for service on any of these boards is 5 p.m. December 9, 2022. City Council will appoint members to serve on the above boards at a City Council meeting in January 2023. For more information, or to obtain an application, please contact the City Secretary’s Office at 936-559-2506 or visit the city’s website at www.nactx.us.