- Parks & Recreation
- Dog Park Nacogdoches
Dog Park Nacogdoches
What is a Dog Park
- Park facility set aside for dog owners to exercise their dogs off leash.
- Pets must be on a leash in all other public parks.
- Dog park is fenced and contains amenities specifically for dogs.
What are the Benefits of a Dog Park?
- Give dogs a place to exercise safely, reducing barking and other problem behaviors.
- Provides dog owners a place to exercise with their companions.
- Provides an area for community interaction.
- Can serve as an avenue for animal welfare education.
Dog Park Nacogdoches
- The Dog Park is located in Banita Creek Park North at 501 Pearl St.
- Consists of separate areas for small and large dogs.
- Entry is double gated for a space to unleash.
- Features currently include dog water fountains, waste receptacles and park benches.
Dog Park Rules
- Hours: Sunrise to Sunset.
- Dogs must be current on all vaccinations and must wear city tags.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the dog park.
- Choke, prong (pinch) and spike collars are strictly prohibited.
- No children under the age of 16 are permitted unless accompanied by an adult.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises and must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the park.
- Dog owners must be in the park and within the view of their dogs at all times.
- Absolutely no human or dog food or treats allowed in the park.
- Owner must clean up feces deposited by their pets. Seal feces in plastic bags before disposing in the designated receptacles.
- Owners must fill any holes made by their dogs.
- Failure to abide by the park rules may result in loss of privileges and owners may be ticketed.
- Owners are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dog(s). Owners are legally and financially responsible for their dog's behavior.
- The City of Nacogdoches has no liability or responsibility for injuries in the dark park.
- No smoking in the dog park.
- Dogs MUST wear a collar or harness at all times.
- Dogs shall be under voice control of their owners at all times.
- No dogs under 4 months of age may enter the park.
For more information
Nacogdoches Parks and Recreation Department
Ph: (936) 559-2960
Contributions may be sent to:
City of Nacogdoches, c/o Dog Park
PO Box 635030
Nacogdoches, TX 75963