- Planning & Zoning
Planning & Zoning
The City of Nacogdoches is undergoing two intensive planning processes to update its Comprehensive Plan and Downtown Master Plan. These plans will serve as a road map for the next 20 to 30 years, which will help guide decisions related to land use, downtown, transportation, and housing.
Please visit nacogdochesplans.com to learn more. Para español, haga clic aquí. Throughout the planning process, this page will serve as the hub for all updates and engagement, so be sure to bookmark it to your device.
Notice of Public Hearings
The Planning and Zoning Commission & City Council will consider the following item:
Public Hearing: Consider a request for approval of a Zone Change from PD, Planned Development to R-1, Single Family for approximately 0.5 acres, being lot 54-A-1, City Block 54, generally located along Post Oak Road, approximately 1200 feet south of Sir Galahad Drive. This request has been submitted by Tim Ward. Case File ZON2023-02.
The Public Hearing will be in the Council Chambers, Room 119 of City Hall, 202 E. Pillar Street, Nacogdoches, Texas on Monday, March 13, 2023 at 5:00 PM, and Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 5:30 PM (respectively). For questions regarding this request, please contact the City of Nacogdoches Planning Department at 936-559-2574, or visit www.nactx.us/pz.
Planning Department’s Mission
The mission of the planning department is to provide for a choice of land uses while protecting owners against the adverse affects of other’s actions and to achieve economic prosperity while creating a more desirable community for all to live.
The planning and zoning department wants to give every citizen the greatest number of land use options while promoting land uses conforming to the neighborhood. In order to meet the needs of citizens, the planning and zoning department performs several different functions including:
- Administration of subdivision ordinance
- Administration of zoning ordinance
- Economic development activities
- Long range comprehensive planning
- Processing annexations
- Encourage a variety of housing options that are affordable at all income levels
- Ensure adequate choice and efficiency of infrastructure for transportation
- Facilitate development of undeveloped parcels and redevelopment of existing properties in a manner that allows the highest and best use of the land, but still protects the healthy, safety, and welfare of the surrounding neighborhood
- Protection of the environment and natural resources
- Provide for the protection of existing neighborhoods and proper planning of new neighborhoods to ensure a continued high quality of life for Nacogdoches residents