The Sterne-Hoya House Museum and Library is an 1830 dogtrot house built by prominent merchant and Texas Revolution leader, Adolphus Sterne. It was occupied by the Sterne family until 1869 when it was sold to the von der Hoya family. The house remained in the von der Hoya family until it was donated to the City of Nacogdoches in 1958, to be used as a library. The interior of the Sterne-Hoya Museum depicts the history of the Sterne occupancy during the Texas Revolution as well as the Victorian Period of the Hoya family. The house is furnished with period antiques, family heirlooms, a Texas history library and also has one of the earliest wine cellars in Texas.