The Comprehensive Plan Update is a major effort to consider recent growth, current trends, and best practices, and to define updates to the city’s policies to guide the next 20-30 years. The city is committed to updating its policies to address the issues of today and prepare for those that may arise. The process is an opportunity to consider our city’s direction in light of current trends and community values and is an effort to proactively address topics that are important to you.
This plan will be a tool the community will use, to guide future growth in an appropriate and desired way, improving the quality of life of residents. They'll help plan growth over the years and guide our city into the much-needed improvements while maintaining its small-town charm, which we all love. The process will result in the development of a new Comprehensive Plan.
The process will last about 12-18 months and will include multiple opportunities for community input. The process will address topics important to you that will shape the community for years to come. No one knows the community like those who live or work in Nacogdoches. Share your ideas and feedback to ensure that the city’s direction represents the authentic voice of the community.
- Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee - Kenneth Deppish - Head Chairman, Steele Wright - Vice Chairman, Kathleen Belanger, Roy Boldon, Mable Cannings, Carrie Charley, Michara Delaney-Fields, Juan Gonzalez, Paul Jackson, Larry King, Jacob Lusk, Brad Maule, Denise McDonald, James Montoya, Ed Pool, Sydney Register, Kurt Sutton, Merilyn Walton, & Nicole Ivancic
- Stakeholders - Various stakeholder groups will be convened to inform specific aspects of the vision. These groups include business leaders, neighborhood associations, real estate professionals and developers, education professionals, students, and young professionals, among others.
- Public - Widespread community participation is vital to Comprehensive Plan success. Various in-person workshops and online tools will offer more ways for the community to give input throughout the process.
- City Staff - Alaina Helton, Steve Bartlett, & Juan Pollette
- Elected officials - Kathleen Belanger & Roy Boldon (serving as members of the steering committee)
- Consultants - The City will select a consultant to facilitate the process and share their experience from working with other successful communities.
- To receive future updates on the planning process and receive upcoming meeting notifications, please sign up for our email notification list here.
- The Public Forums Survey is now closed. We received a total of 238 survey responses, which are now available for viewing. To view the responses grouped by “Question” please click here, or you can view the responses grouped by “Respondent” by clicking here.
- City Council Meetings
- June 8th Meeting Video
- Other Studies & Plans
For questions regarding the Comprehensive Plan Update process, contact Alaina Helton, City Planner at 936-559-2572 or email@example.com